Are you considering braces but afraid of possible discomfort associated with braces in Summerville? Let’s talk about your fears and discuss a solution for each one. Then, you won’t have anything holding you back from making yourself a priority and correcting your smile.
4 Solutions to Common Issues with Braces
It’s okay to be nervous about getting braces. But once you understand how easy they are to manage without pain, your worries can be put to rest.
#1: Mouth Soreness
Solution: Switch to Soft Foods
If you have heard about people with braces dealing with a sore mouth after adjustments, the good news is that means the braces are working. They are slowly moving your teeth into the position that is most beneficial to the function and appearance of your teeth. Eat soft foods for the day while your teeth adjust to the new position, and the pain will be minimized.
#2: Food Getting Stuck
Solution: Avoid Certain Foods and Brush Often
Food can get stuck in your braces. You will quickly learn which foods to avoid while you have braces. When you have braces in Summerville, brush your teeth after each meal, and the food will loosen up and wash away as your rinse.
#3: Stains on Your Teeth
Solution: Brush and Floss Each Day
Some people are worried about stains on their teeth after wearing braces for so long. If you are diligent about brushing and flossing your teeth each day, the teeth on the outside of your braces will stay just as clean as the teeth under the brackets.
#4: Wires Poking Your Mouth
Solution: Communicate with Your Orthodontist
You should not have to live with the discomfort of poking wires in your mouth. When you get braces in Summerville, your orthodontist will address the pain and adjust the wires so that you are comfortable and happy.
At Crescent Moon Orthodontics, we want you to have a smile that you happily show off to the world. So stop hiding your smile and putting off orthodontic procedures. You can learn about the many options and pick the best for your lifestyle. Contact us today for your first consultation.
If you lost your retainer on a lunch tray in high school and haven’t bothered to get a new one, it’s not too late. As we age, our teeth move and settle. You do not want to reverse the hard work it took to get you the dazzling smile you have today.
Retainers are not only for people with braces. Anyone can use a retainer to keep your teeth straight and your bite aligned. Contact an orthodontist in Summerville to get fitted for a new retainer today.
3 Reasons Why Retainers Are Vital
Remember to wear your retainer as directed, and you will maintain your winning smile. Find out why retainers are so important:
- They Prevent Teeth Grinding: Wearing a retainer at night prevents you from grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw. You can also get headaches associated with these bad habits, so retainers prevent headaches as well.
- They Promote Dental Hygiene: Retainers keep your teeth straight, which means that they are easier to clean. When your teeth are straight, you can floss and brush with ease.
- They Continue to Align Teeth: Even if you are left with small gaps between your teeth after braces, a retainer will finish the job and close those gaps. If you go a couple of weeks without wearing your retainer, you can use it again to get your teeth back to the best they can be.
When you aren’t sure whether you should pay the money to replace your retainer, think of how much it would cost to straighten your teeth all over again. It is much more cost-effective to maintain your straight smile with an orthodontist in Summerville than having to correct it later.
At Crescent Moon Orthodontics, we want you to show off your smile. But, you do not have to hide your smile. Instead, make that appointment you’ve been putting with an orthodontist in Summerville. You can learn about the many options and pick the best for your lifestyle. Contact us today for your first consultation.
You may not understand the benefits of having an aligned, straight smile if you live with uncorrected teeth. However, there are many benefits to having straight teeth, both hygienic and cosmetic. So let’s take a look at why you should be searching for orthodontics Summerville.
The Benefits of Straight Teeth
You may think that the only reason why people seek out orthodontics Summerville is that they want a show-stopping smile. While that is a tremendous advantage to straight teeth, there are others that you may not have considered:
- Food Doesn’t Get Stuck: When your teeth are straight, there aren’t gaps in your teeth for food to get caught and cause cavities. In addition, the carefully planned alignment between each tooth makes it easier to clean your teeth.
- No Headaches: Braces not only allow for straight teeth but an aligned bite as well. When your teeth fit perfectly together, you will not have headaches associated with jaw stress.
- Clear Speech: You don’t have to worry about a lisp or difficulty pronouncing specific sounds when your teeth are straight. Your tongue will have room to find the proper positions to pronounce words clearly and correctly.
- Dazzling Smile: And, of course, when your teeth are straight, you will be filled with confidence. Instead of standing in the back of a group photo with your head down, you will stand tall and smile brightly.
It is time to find orthodontics in Summerville and take the steps toward straightening your smile.
At Crescent Moon Orthodontics, we want you to have a smile that you can share with the world. Stop hiding your smile and putting off orthodontic procedures. You can learn about the many options and pick the best for your lifestyle. Contact us today for your first consultation.